Summarize, Analyze, and Evaluate four (4) Federal or state cases involving the Americans with Disability Act of 1990 (ADA) and/or the Americans with Disability Act Amendments, of 2008 (ADAAA)
Topic: Social-Psychology of Law & Disability (Evaluating Disability Studies)
Summarize, Analyze, and Evaluate four (4) Federal or state cases involving the Americans with Disability Act of 1990 (ADA) and/or the Americans with Disability Act Amendments, of 2008 (ADAAA). Research court cases that have been tried, with opinions/rational and decisions of these four disability cases — tried by the courts and/or congress. Please use any professional sources available from this course or other material. Use critical thinking and expression as you analyze each case.
– – Much more will be discussed in class, including any slight adjustments to the research project that map to the learning requirements.
– – Write on two (2) physical disabilities and two (2) mental disorder cases.
– – NOTE; Four (4) TOTAL COURT CASES ARE REQUIRED.
– – Also, PLEASE NOTE the following format and pertinent information:
(1): Title of the court case, a very brief summary of their findings/opinion, or rationale, etc.
(2): YOUR OWN ANALYSIS must be at least one/half a page.
– – – Your analysis should be based on your informed opinion, citing good examples you may know, your studies from this course, and other educational experiences on disability material as you have learned. The main focus is that your analysis is well defended by your logic and your general knowledge of behavioral sciences.
g. Please use the following website if you wish to get your project material — it has excellent case studies on the ADA and ADAAA:
h. However do not limit your research to this one website.
Format Requirements for Research Project:
- Font = 12 point; Arial or Times New Roman. Line spacing 2.0. If you do not adhere to this format, points will be deducted.
- The paper will be at least six (6) pages in length — NOT including the cover sheet and references.
- Please use in-text citations in American Psychological Association (APA) style, as shown in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.